Friday, May 16, 2008

Just checking in

All is well at our house. School is out for the summer. At least it is for me. The kids have another week. I took my last test and missed an A by less than one persentage point. It killed me but I had to let it go. If I took the time to really study as I should, I am sure I could have secured an A. I am still running on my poor study habits I learned in high school. I really shouldn't tell people this. I am after all going to school to be a nurse and that would probably freak them out. Oh Well.
Kids are doing great and even though DH left 2 weeks ago, I have not completely lost my mind. I have not yet had a 30 minute screaming jag where I threaten to throw out every toy in the house and inform the kids how terrible they are. I was not very stable last year when my husband left for 3 months. I could have gotten the bad mommy award on several occasions. This year I have a much better additude.
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I was a bit sad that DH was not going to be there to remind the kids to be good and to take me out for lunch. I was very suprised when my 10 year old asked where I wanted to go for lunch and that he was paying. He did pay. We went to Applebees. It was not as much as he had expected because we happened to have a $25 gift card but still it was the sweetest gift to date. The baby on the other hand gave me a different gift altogether. I had gotten her ready for church in the morning and was in the process of getting myself showered when I found her behind the door in my bathroom. She was doing her makeup. She said, "I look beauful. I di my makeup." This required a different dress and she got in the shower with me. My first instinct was not to yell. It was to run for the camera. I have to have a picture of this. I laughed all morning. If you are wondering if you should give a 2 year old charcoal grey eye shadow, don't.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Better than maskara on the floor though, right? ;P

Memarie Lane said...

FREEEEEEEEEEDoooooooooom!!!!!