Saturday, March 1, 2008

Breakfast in Hell

So here I am, still sick. I have not been able to drag myself out of bed most of the day. I did decide, however, to take Abby out for breakfast. We went to Denny's. This was a bad choice. It took us over an hour to get the heck out of there. Shoot it took more than 10 minutes just to get a chocolate milk and a Diet Coke. I should have cut and run at that point.

Just so you all know I am potty training. More fun than it is worth. She will pee in the potty all day long but no poop, Not even a token turd for mommy. So she jumps up as we are waiting a ridiculous amount of time for our food to arrive.

A: "Mommy Potty"
M: "You have to go potty, lets go"
A: "I peed."
M: "Well lets go."
In my head (that is not a pee walk)
M: "Oh, Abby, you pooped."
A: "Oh, I pooped."
M: "You have to tell mommy before you go poop."
M: "Sit on the potty then go poop."
M: "Potty first then Poop."
A: "Yucky."
M: "Yes you are."

Bystander: "She is really cute."
(gee thanks)

By the time we made it to the table, after a proper surgical hand washing, our food was there.

My bacon had been cremated and the eggs apparently had been left to scramble themselves. They had a horrible texture and a burnt film that reminded me of breakfast at summer camp. My pancakes were not even hot enough to melt the room temperature whipped butter. So, five minutes later I was able to get the attention of the waitress. She was kind and took the food and returned with a new plate just 5 minutes later. No offer of soda refill not check to see how the food was. I was all on my own. She did finally ask me if I wanted any more soda. This was one hour after I sat down. I told her no and that I was finished. Just in case you are new to this planet, I am finished means you can take my plate and I would like my check so that I can escape this "FINE" establishment. Ten minutes later. "Did I give you your bill?" UM, NO!

So I get the check. I go to the counter and ask to speak to someone. We will call him stupid for identification purposes.

S: "I am a manager"
M: "I have been here for over an hour. My food took forever. The first plate was horrible and I had to have it remade. I told the waitress 10 minutes ago that I was finished and I just now got my bill."
S: "Well, it is Saturday."
M: "I watched several tables come and go in the hour I was here."
S: "Well some foods take longer. What did you have?"
I hand him the bill.
S: "Oh."
M: "Not steak and lobster. I had pancakes and eggs. It is just a basic meal. Not an hour meal."
S: "I think I have a coupon here."
M: (are you kidding me)
S: "I will take $3 off your bill."
M: (are you kidding me)
S: "Oh and you get $3 dollars off your next visit. Do you want to add a tip?"
M: (are you kidding me)
S: "Thank you, have a nice day."

That is time I will never get back. I feel like part of my brain is physically damaged from that encounter.

I am going to have to put that Denny's on my boycott list.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We used to have nice lunches at Denny's in Salem, NH when we would go shopping. Remember? Now move your but out here so we can have nice lunches at Panera Bread (again).